Optimist International Web Page Board Policy (I-121)
Optimist International welcomes all Optimists and interested parties to engage fully and openly in discussions related to Optimism and Optimist service and activities. In order to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone, and to prohibit any unfortunate and/or unintended results for any individual, we ask that all participants follow the guidelines below. All participants are to understand that by participating in a discussion forum, they have individually accepted the following terms of participation. Individuals participating in discussion forums on this site acknowledge the parental awareness of their use of the discussion forums prior to their first posting.
A. Terms of Participation in Optimist International Discussion Forums:
Optimists, staff and interested parties will consider the Optimist International Constitution, Bylaws, Optimist Creed, and Policies to be their guide in the use of the discussion forums. The posting of any defamatory, discriminatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, sexually explicit or illegal materials is expressly prohibited. Inappropriate or personal discussions and inappropriate posting about individual Optimists, staff; leaders, or other individuals are not permitted. Inappropriate discussions and inappropriate postings include any materials which can be viewed as defamatory, immoral, libelous, obscene, false, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane; sexual or racial, or otherwise be deemed discriminatory or hostile on the basis age, race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, violative of any law or proprietary right of any third party.
Any material posted on the discussion forum that is copyrighted must either be posted by the copyright owner or with the written permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the party posting it warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received written permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Optimist International and the users of this discussion forum section the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the information posted.
Optimist International does not warrant that it actively, and/or continuously, monitors the site for inappropriate postings or discussion and does not on its own always guarantee to undertake editorial control of postings or discussion. However, in the event that inappropriate postings or activity is brought to Optimist International's attention, appropriate action, including but not limited to terminating the access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines, and other appropriate legal and equitable action may be pursued by Optimist International.
Optimist International accepts no responsibility for the opinions, nor for the information, posted on this site by others. Optimist International disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Optimist International or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Optimist International be held liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, resulting from any posting made on this web site, or arising out of, or in connection with, the use, performance, or communications of any information or personal exchange, posted on this site. The web site user agrees to hold Optimist International harmless and indemnify it from any claims or damage arising out of any inappropriate postings or materials placed on the web by said user, and user agrees to pay Optimist International's reasonable attorneys' fees and costs in defense of any said action.
B. General Usage Policies:
The Optimist International (OI) web site is provided as a service to Optimist members and all interested parties. We welcome all who have an interest in community volunteerism and encourage you to enjoy the wide variety of services on the site. You may download material displayed on the site for non-commercial, personal use only related to Optimist International volunteer activities, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the content of the site for public or commercial purposes, including the text and images, without Optimist International's written permission.
Your access to and use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms and conditions.
C. Terms and Conditions:
1. Optimist International neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned or affiliated with Optimist International.
2. While Optimist International uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the site, Optimist International makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Optimist International assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the site are at your risk.
Neither Optimist International, nor any party involved in creating, producing, delivering, or updating the site, is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you "as is," without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Optimist International also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site, or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Optimist International or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, editing, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Optimist International is free to use any ideas, concepts, data, information, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, members services, and etc. using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Optimist International. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by the Terms and Conditions, or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes
6. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Optimist International and others. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the site without the written permission of Optimist International or such third party that may own the Trademarks. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the site, or any other content on the site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. Optimist International will use all legal and equitable remedies to aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
7. Optimist International has not reviewed all of the sites linked to, or framed within the site, and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to, or framed within, the site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites, or use of information framed within the site, is at your own risk.
8. Although Optimist International may, from time to time, monitor or review discussions, postings, transmissions, and etc. on the site, Optimist International is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or proprietary right of any third patty. Optimist International will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Optimist International to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Software from this site is further subjected to United States (U.S.) Export Controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the U-S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any available software, you represent that you are not located in, under the control of or a national or resident of any such country or on any country on such list
10. Optimist International may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
This policy should be viewable online by looking at all Optimist International sites and clicking on the link at the very bottom of the homepage, to be entitled "Web Site Policies."